Happy Independence Day! Colby and I celebrated with a hike at Mt Charleston… Sort of. It was too hot up there for me so we cut it pretty short. When we got home, I whipped these up as a festive 4th of July snack:
These mini cheesecake tarts are made without butter or oil. The filling is protein rich and the crust is gluten free!
For the crust:
1/2 c gluten free oats
3 tbs almond meal
For the filling:
1.5 cups plain nonfat greek yogurt
2 tbs lemon curd
1-2 tbs gelatin, dissolved in small amount of water or milk
(You can use sugar free instant cheesecake pudding mix instead)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulverize the oats in a blender. Mash the “oat flour” with banana and almond meal to form a thick batter.
2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Scoop a dollop of batter into each cupcake liner and flatten to fill the bottom of the liner. You should be able to fill 9-12 cupcake liners this way. Bake for 15-20 mins or until crisp and golden.
3. While the crusts are baking, make the cheesecake filling by combining greek yogurt with lemon curd and unflavored gelatin OR sugar free pudding mix.
4. Allow the crusts to cool. Top each crust with filling and berries.
5. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
You can eat these with a spoon or carefully take them out of the liners.