These pancakes are the BEST! They’re ridiculously easy to make, are super high in protein, and gluten free. The batter is just right for light, fluffy pancakes!
You see? Perfect!
1 medium sweet potato (150 grams)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1. Prick holes in the sweet potato and microwave until tender, about 3-5 mins.
2. Once the potato is cool, peel it and place it in a blender or food processor. A small one like the Magic Bullet works well.
3. Add the egg whites, protein powder, cinnamon,and baking powder. Pulse until a smooth batter forms.
4. Heat a lightly greased skillet or griddle. Make a test pancake by pouring about 2 tbs of the batter on the pan. Once bubbles start to form, flip the pancake.
*If it seems too runny, add more protein powder to the remaining batter. If it seems too thick, add more egg whites. If the bottom is too dark, turn down the heat. If it’s not golden, turn up the heat!
5. Make the rest of the pancakes. Serve them with maple syrup, almond butter, bananas, or whipped cream!
These pancakes are pretty legit! I thought all those egg whites would make them taste eggy, but that wasn’t the case at all. Only 340 calories and a whopping 44 grams of protein in the whole recipe! Share them or eat em all yourself :)