I love brunch! How could I not? We have beautiful weather and great friends joining us for bible study this fine day! This recipe is simple, filling, and nutritious. I hope you’ll try it and tell me what you think!
2 cups rolled oats (or 1.5 cups rolled oats + 1 scoop vanilla whey protein isolate)
2 ripe bananas, sliced into 1/2″ disks
1.5 cups fresh or frozen berries (I used fresh blueberries)
2 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
Dash of sea salt
5 packets stevia (or 1/3 cup maple syrup)
1/2 cup chopped and toasted walnuts or pecans
3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease the bottom of an 8×8 square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Line the bottom of the dish with a single layer of banana slices and sprinkle half the berries on top.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, half the butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup (if using).
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the dry oats, half the chopped nuts, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, protein powder (if using), and stevia (if using).
5. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together and pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle remaining berries and nuts on top.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the mixture is set and golden brown on top. Allow to cool for several minutes.
7. Top with remaining melted butter (optional) and a sprinkling of brown sugar (optional). Serve with Greek yogurt, sliced almonds, maple syrup, and/or fresh berries!
I topped mine with greek yogurt mixed with vanilla extract and stevia.
And there are still leftovers for tomorrow! Yesss!