Are you ready for a hearty autumn meal? This will hit the spot and it’s really easy to make. Cabbage, apples, cider vinegar, and chicken sausage complement each other beautifully in this dish. The lightly sautéed shredded cabbage is reminiscent of noodles- gotta love that!
1 fully cooked chicken sausage link (I used apple sausage)
1 small apple
1/2 medium onion
2-3 cups shredded cabbage
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
Up to 1/4 cup Water, white wine, or chicken broth
Salt, pepper, and sriracha hot sauce to taste
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Chop apple, onion, and chicken sausage. Add to the oil.
2. Sauté the apple, sausage, and onion for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the cabbage and apple cider vinegar.
3. Stir the cabbage around in the pot until it begins to cook down. Cover the saucepan and reduce heat.
4. Stir the cabbage every few minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn. Add water, white wine, or chicken broth as needed.
5. After about 10-15 minutes, the cabbage should be tender. Season to taste and serve!
Quick and easy meals are the way to go now that it gets dark so early. I just want to curl up near the fireplace by the time I get home from work, so dishes like this are wonderful. Enjoy!