Even non-paleo eaters will love this pear tart! You can use the tart crust recipe with any kind of fruit or filling you like. The crust recipe is nearly identical to the one suggested on http://www.grassfedkitchen.com.
3 medium pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp arrowroot starch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all dry crust ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with a whisk.
3. With a spoon, stir in the cold water and vanilla extract.
4. Mix in the maple syrup and coconut oil with a fork until the dough is crumbly, but not lumpy.
5. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
6. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, maple syrup, and arrowroot starch for the pie filling. Gently fold in the pears.
7. Fill the tart crust with pear filling and sprinkle with cinnamon.
8. Bake for another 15 minutes to finish off the filling.