I have another treat recipe for you today! This one is perfect for a leisurely Sunday brunch. Enjoy these coconut flour lemon poppyseed blueberry muffins with a cup of coffee or tea.
Ingredients (for 12 muffins):
1/3 cup honey (or 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt and 5 droppers of liquid stevia)
juice and zest of 2 lemons
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tbs poppy seeds
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a muffin tin or line with baking cups.
2. Whisk together eggs, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, poppy seeds, and baking soda. Get all the lumps out.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. The batter should thicken.
5. Distribute the batter evenly among 12 muffin cups. Press blueberries into the batter in each muffin cup.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Aren’t they pretty? Tasty too! The batch I made wasn’t sweet enough. I only had a tiny bit of stevia left, so I ended up topping each muffin with some maple syrup and whipped cream… and washing it down with Mimosa. Not quite Paleo that way, but very yummy. Enjoy them your way!