My sister is stopping by for dinner after work today! Instead of cooking dinner, though, I baked a tasty apple galette. You should make this too! It’s a very simple and delicious dessert- flaky, buttery, lightly sweet, and tart!
1. In a stand mixer, combine 2 tbs butter with flour, stevia, and salt. Blend until crumbly. Add remaining butter and continue to blend until the dough looks like this:
4. While the dough is chilling, chop the apples in half and cut them into thin slices.
5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until about 1/8″ thick and 14″ diameter.
6. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased baking sheet. Place apple slices in the middle, leaving 2″ all around the edge. Fold the edges of the dough in over the apples, pinching the dough every inch or so.
7. Brush the dough and apples with 1 tbs melted butter using a pastry brush. Sprinkle the buttered surface with 2 tbs sugar.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. The galette is done when the edges are golden and crisp. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!