Hey there! Colby and I moved into our first home! I’ll have to show you a photo tour soon. It’s been a lot of fun getting everything set up, but it’s been taking up all my free time. Just before we moved, I made a massive batch of Brussels sprouts to snack on throughout the week. The recipe is easy and delicious- it’ll make Brussels sprouts your new favorite vegetable.
-2 lbs trimmed Brussels sprouts
-1/3 cup olive oil in a spray bottle (such as Misto)
-2 tbs balsamic vinegar
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 or 500 degrees (depending on how charred you like your veggies). Slice Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and place cut side up on a lightly greased baking sheet in a single layer. Use an extra baking sheet if necessary.
2. Spray the sprouts generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 8 minutes.
3. Flip the sprouts over cut side down, spray with olive oil again, and bake for another 8 minutes.
4. Flip one more time and bake 5-10 minutes more or until golden and tender.
5. Transfer the sprouts to a mixing bowl and toss with freshly ground pepper and balsamic vinegar. Serve warm or store in the fridge for up to a week.
It’s amazing to me how good roasted cruciferous veggies taste! Broccoli and cauliflower cooked this way are excellent too. Enjoy! One last look because they’re so pretty!
This is my favorite was to make brussels! YUM!